ORGANIZATION SET-UP OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
I. State Level
a) Rural Development Secretariat including
State Level Monitoring Cell and
Internal Audit Cell (SLMC & IAC).
b) Directorate of Rural Development.
II. District Level
Rural Development Agency (DRDA): There are 8 (eight)
DRDAs in Mizoram analogous
to the districts.
They are at Aizawl, Kolasib, Mamit,
Serchhip, Saiha, Lawngtlai, Lunglei and Champhai.
III. Block Level
Rural Development Blocks: There are 26 (twenty six)
R.D. Blocks all over the State. They are:
1. Aizawl District. 1. Tlangnuam R.D. Block
2. Darlawn R.D. Block
3. Phullen R.D. Block
4. Aibawk R.D. Block
5. Thingsulthliah R.D. Block
2. Lunglei District. 6. Lunglei R.D. Block
7. Lungsen R.D. Block
8. Hnahthial R.D. Block
9. Bunghmun R.D. Block
3. Saiha District. 10. Saiha R.D. Block
11. Tuipang R.D. Block
4. Kolasib District. 12. Thingdawl R.D. Block
13. Bilkhawthlir R.D. Block
5. Mamit District. 14. Zawlnuam R.D. Block
15. West.Phaileng R.D. Block
16. Reiek R.D. Block
6. Champhai District. 17. Champhai R.D. Block
18. Khawzawl R.D. Block
19. Ngopa R.D. Block
20. Khawbung R.D. Block
7. Serchhip District. 21. Serchhip R.D. Block
22. E.Lungdar R.D. Block
8. Lawngtlai District. 23. Lawngtlai
24. Bungtlang ‘South’ R.D. Block
25. Chawngte R.D. Block
26. Sangau R.D. Block.
is intrinsic for successful implementation of Rural
Development programmes, The State has its own State
Institute of Rural Development (SIRD) at Kolasib for
imparting training. SIRD has branches known as Extension
Training Centre (ETC), one at Pukpui, Lunglei and
another at Thingsulthliah.